A couple of months ago I bought an original dress pattern from late 1950s. As sizes have changed a lot over the last 60 years I decided to first try it out on a white bed sheet I never used.
Having finished it the size is pretty good. Only feels like quite a shame to just trow the white version out, so I decided to cheer it up with blue buttons and some embroidery stitches from my new (yes again, long story) sewing machine.
I do like the outcome, however 1950s, white and blue, makes it look like I could easily join the nurses from BBC series ‘Call the Midwife’.
Suggestions how to make this dress less ‘nurse’ are welcome. I might just cut up another sheet for a second dress, this time a stripy Cath Kidston one. Hoping it will look like the stripy dress on the pattern.